Simple, classic panel drapes are one of the funnest and easiest ways to add personality and pull together a room…..
…..But what if you wanted to work on a computer in here? That’s when layering in some light-filtering shades might do the trick. They still “let there be light” – but not too much. Below are some really great ways I’ve found to achieve this.
This clean and crisp white roman shade preserves the clarity of the room’s overall decor. You almost can’t see it in the picture…..
But what if you wanted to take advantage of the opportunity to make a visual statement? That’s what I think woven wooden shades were made for…..
…..or dainty fabrics with a lacey pattern…..
But if you’re into softness, a soft roman shade in a scrunchy sheer fabric will do…..
Here is a relaxed roman which gives just a hint of visual relief at the bottom of its otherwise crisp feel…..I think I could definately write some letters in here (if I had the time)…..
I just like this one – relaxed all the way…..
Or, on another note – if you’re not into shades – you can layer in another set of sheer panels. I especially like the way this second set hangs whimisically on another set of rods…..
1) Via windowtreatmentsdesigner.com, designer Frank Roop
2) Via Belle Maison
3) Via Coastal Living, photographer J. Savage Gibson, stylist Heather Chadduck
4) Via The English Home, interior designer Nicholas Haslam, photographer David Montgomery
5) Via washingtonspaces.com
6) Via Elle Decor, decorator Suzanne Rheinstein, photographer Roger Davies
7) Via Dragonfly Francaise, designer Cheryl Tauge
8) Via Veranda, interior designers Michael and Alexandra Misczynski, photographer Jonn Coolidge